Your Advocate for:
Creating Financial Stability
– Outstanding student loan debt now tops $1.5 trillion, exceeding all outstanding credit card debt.
– Students need information on average earnings after graduation so they can assess their ability to repay loans.
– Objective counseling must be provided for students and families. Currently, counseling is from lenders, with incentives to earn more.
– Non-bank lenders issue more mortgages than banks. State must regulate this sector.
– Universal healthcare matters.
– New York Health Act is a serious attempt to provide healthcare for all; rich, poor, young or old.
– No program comes ‘off-the-shelf’ perfect and fully formed. ACA could have been improved over time.
– No one should feel afraid to get sick
Restoring Trust in Government
– Albany is thought of as a corrupt environment
– It’s up to us to clean it up
– Committee to Reform the State Constitution has put forward a far reaching anti-corruption amendment. Palumbo did not support!
Sensible Gun Protection
– I am the Gun Sense candidate of “Moms Demand Action.”
– NYS is being pressured to allow concealed guns to cross state lines. Mustn’t happen!
– Limiting access to guns will prevent firearm suicides
– Unintentional deaths can be prevented
Safeguarding Our Environment
– Emission standards must be maintained at the very least.
– Clean air and clean water standards must be maintained for the common good
Protecting Women’s Rights
– Women require control of their own bodies. It isn’t pro-abortion, it is pro-choice.